LEWIS COUNTY FAIR QUEEN CONTEST
Wednesday, July 10th - 6:00 PM
Superintendent: Aron Knoche, 660-216-8603
Entry Fee $10.00
1. Registration - Contestants must be pre-register by July 5th by calling one of the superintendents. Interviews will begin at 3:00 p.m.
2. Candidates shall be not less than 17 years of age, nor more than 22 years of age on September 1 of that year.
3. Candidates must be residents of Lewis County.
4. Contestants judging will include the following categories: Personal Interview, Public Speaking OR Talent Performance, and Evening Gown Competition.
5. Judges will conduct a SIX minute interview with each candidate on the day of the contest between 2:00-3:30 p.m. Interview topics may include community activities, fair involvement, future ambitions, hobbies, etc.
6. Contestant’s speech or talent must not exceed a maximum of 5 minutes, and must be a minimum of 2 minutes.
7. Each contestant must have an escort for the evening gown competition. Contestant’s evening gowns should be something that would be suitable for a school dance. Contestants will be judged on overall first impression, poise and grace as well as an on stage question.
8. The Queen must attend the State Fair contest in August (Sedalia, MO) or will forfeit the title and scholarship money to the 1st runner-up who then must attend the State Fair contest.
1) PRIZE PACKAGE TO QUEEN (INCLUDES SCHOLARSHIP, PHOTO PACKAGE, CROWN, SASH)
2) PLAQUES AWARDED TO WINNERS
3) FLOWERS FOR QUEEN CONTEST AND HER COURT
4) QUEEN’S ENTRY FEE TO STATE FAIR CONTEST PAID IN FULL